Welcome to this week’s edition of ‘The Daily Poo!’ where we look at what’s going on in the world of loos & no. 2s, health issues, Valentine Gifts, challenges around the world, inventions, fascinating facts and quite a lot of silliness too. Let’s start with the perfect Valentine gift, as Feb 14th is fast approaching. There’s a company called ‘TUSHY‘ who have managed, amongst other things, to make a posh version of the ‘squattypottyTM’ and, although we have patents out there for an alternative – the TUSHY Ottoman may just be the most beautiful option for straightening your colons, or that of the one(s) you love… Added to which, their core product is, as their name suggests, an attachable bidet to wash your tush. Plus they have more eco-friendly and beautifully designed products in their range too, take a look at the website and discover them all! Another great gift idea is that amazing Poo-Pourri tried and tested by us here at ‘The Daily Poo!‘ for the home, small enough to carry around and it really works. Another of our favourites is the ‘Who Gives a Crap‘ toilet paper range, and ‘Aesop Post-Poo Drops.’ If you love someone then surely you must give a crap and all of the above could just show your true affections.
Meanwhile back to the news and views:
- Whilst we’re on the subject of ablutions – which we are every week 🙂 Men’sHealth explain why taking a poo is good for your mental health!
- Can’t do what you need to do in a public toilet? You’re not alone… Today looks at shy bowel and shy bladder.
- Where does all our poop go?… take NYC for example as Live Science explains…
- Let’s almost seamlessly transition from poop to coffee. Curious? Well this new coffee shop puts the crap into crappuccino. Fancy some Jacu Poo Brew?
- Ever wondered why husbands take so long to poop? Ashley Jones of Romper has ‘Experts Explain What They *Might* Be Doing.’
A few other fascinating articles, stay on track with our guide to the history of the toilet, how they work and more abstract news such as why talking about cow poop has become an art form… here they are:
- A great article on, ‘What the Earliest Toilets Say About How Human Civilisation Has Evolved.’ Latrines have been around for thousands of years. Though they haven’t exactly always been sanitary. Discover by Bridget Alex.
- At a certain time in the not too distant past, in Australia they had ‘dunnycarts‘ to take away poop, and in places like Norfolk in the UK, it was ‘honeycarts‘ as Keith Skipper explains for the Eastern Daily Press, ‘It was like the Deliveroo of its day, only in reverse. The takeway convenience of the honeycart.’
- From 2019 Chris Woodford runs through a few toilets on ExplainThatStuff, and illustrates how they work. Flush, Macerating, Vacuum & Composting.
- As the Science Museum continues its successful ‘It takes Guts‘ a gross, squirm-inducing show about the workings of the human digestive system, Farmers Weekly points out the effect that talking about cow poo has on unruly children. Teachers, catch the full YouTube of ‘It Takes Guts’ here.
That’s it for now. We’ll be back with more of ‘The Daily Poo!‘ next week…