Why the photo above? Well, it may be a subject that not many are aware of but mens urinals really don’t need to be as awful as they tend to be (read more in article 6. below). Then there’s a beauty treatment for women and some great bathroom ideas too…
Meanwhile, while we’ve been working with Albright IP to date, we’ve also now engaged the Wayfair Group to work with our patents pending and licensing of our aesthetic bathroom designs to improve posture, health and wellbeing. In addition, the third book in our series for children, about loos, poo and toilet talk are humorous educational books – now about to go back out to publishers via our agency Jon Fowler Media.
In other news… our weekly line up of articles, news and views on all that’s happening in the smallest room and around the globe. People often discuss or illustrate the Bristol Stool Chart, i.e. what the colour and shape of your no. 2s represents, but seldom do the charts advise what the various types mean… so here’s wikimedia’s more helpful version to explain!
- BigGreenSmile.com suggest s few ways to cut down on plastics and reduce waste in your bathroom
- We were so impressed… we bought one! The FlushBrush offers a brilliant alternative to the toilet brush, you know the one that’s moved on slightly since the Romans ‘grabbed the shitty end of the stick!’ Mothers Day? Fathers Day? Any day? Yep, see the video and be sure to get one for when the shit hits the pan.
- We often talk about the Bidet and wash vs wipe as we get to the bottom of everything to do with bottoms and toilets. Here’s an insightful article in HowStuffWorks by Jesslyn Shields, ‘Getting to the Bottom of the Bidet.’
- A thought from ‘The Daily Poo!‘ No need to stock up on toilet paper if you’re fearing the approach of coronavirus, get a bidet attachment instead! Take this one for example… TUSHY
- Here at ‘The Daily Poo!‘ we’ve often considered the possible solutions for those left over toilet roll cores, and some while ago discovered the Lotus’ Biodegradable Flush&Go tubes‘ (see image below.) This seemingly brilliant idea doesn’t appear to have gone as mainstream as we’d thought, Kimberly-Clark created & patented core-less rolls, but the question and challenge still remains – how to cut down on the cores and get the public’s behind, behind this idea? Emily Flitter writes for The New York Times ‘My Tireless Quest for a Tubeless Wipe’ and it’s worth a read.
- For the male contingent… Urinals: Ever been in one of the ‘Portaloos’ [Portable Toilets] at concerts, speech days or any events for that matter – and thought, ‘this is so smelly and awful why can’t they figure’ – then actually there is an answer, but it’s not been widely adopted in spite of being ecological, water saving and odourless!! Start campaigning + Here is the answer Urimat or Uridan are brilliant examples. Here’s the 5 reasons for the stink, ‘pinch your nose and read on’; urine leftovers on the floor or wall, dry floor drains, floor joints and corner odours, insufficient room ventilation & maintenance failure.
- For the female contingent… Bird poop is not just a symbol of good luck, is it also a beauty elixir… Here’s why! + Some other unusual sounding Asian beauty treatments, by Naressa Khan for Style.
- For everyone [maybe] Zeltini studio’s wooden ‘temple of poop‘ is a compost concept and taking ‘a poo with a view’, DesignBoom explains its design and function.
To finish up, a heads up (or bottoms down) on World Water Day… #WorldWaterDay is a month away so we’ll focus more on water around that time, and its importance in sanitation. Also, how ‘waterless’ sanitation has similar benefits by saving water which can then be used elsewhere. Next week, the usual round up on what’s happening in the world of poop & no. 2s, in ‘The Daily Poo!‘ We also have a facebook and instagram site appearing shortly too.